- The Malawi Early Literacy Team (MELT) is encouraging you to consider a gift of literacy this holiday season. Donate toward a class fluency kit for $250 and a teacher in Malawi will receive flash cards, 100 copies of the book The ABC's of Africa, lesson guide and training. Visit http://m-e-l-t.org to order and you will recive in the mail a certificate acknowleging your gift that changes lives..
- Please continue to support the Watertown Urban Mission Food Pantry with donations of high demand items: peanut butter, jam, snack pack pudding, non-frozen juice concentrates, canned tuna and meats, spaghetti sauce, pasta, cereal and canned lunch foods (spaghettios, ravioli, beef 'n mac) that children can prepare themselves. Can openers and condiments are also appreciated. Personal care items cannot be purchased by the Mission with grant funds, so consider donating toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, toilet tissue, Kleenex, laundry and dish soaps, razors, etc. as well.
- Give today to help Presbyterian Disaster Assistance bring hope and healing to Texas families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. You can mail checks to: Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) P.O Box 643700, Pittsburgh, PA 15264-3700 and designate it for DR000169-Harvey. You can support the efforts in the Caribbean and Florida for Hurricane Irma by using DR000194-Irma and sending your donation to the same address. Please join us in praying for courage for those who are suffering; wisdom and diligence among agencies and individuals assessing damage and directing relief efforts; and for generosity to flow as powerfully as rivers and streams; as we respond to the deep human needs left in the wake of the storm. Visit Presbyterian Disaster Response website to see stories of hope in the wake of devastation.
Handbell choir rehearsals meet on the following schedule. Contact Jenny Whitenack if you are interested.
- Adult handbells begin on Thursday, September 21st at 6:15pm in the sanctuary balcony
- Elementary handchimes for students in grades 2-6, rehearsals begin on Sunday September 24 at 9:30am
- Junior / Senior handbells for students in grades 7-12 will rehearse at 11:15am on Sundays beginning on September 24
- The student groups rehearse on the second floor of the Christian education building
Our dollar dinners will resume in 2018. The dates are:
- January 22
- Februay 11
- March 11
The Orchestra of Northern New York will host concerts at First Presybterian in our sanctuary on the following dates:
- Sunday Apr 29, 3pm - Stravinsky and Mendelssohn
Tickets are $23 for adults, $19 for seniors and military, $10 for college students, 17 and under free. They are sold at the door (credit cards accepted) or at the orchestra website onny.org. The Watertown series also includes "The Mastery of Bach" held at Trinity Episcopal Church on Saturday, January 27th at 7:30pm and the annual concert in the park on Tuesday, July 3 at 8pm (free).